1. All men
A. ! should
2. AsI was in a hurry, I____ my way through the crowd.
. my power to make you pass the exam.
4. This is definitely the place
. I Ieft my car just now.
5. The hard truth
the son had spent all the money was a great shock to his mother.
to leave for work at 7:30.
C. are used
D. get used
8. I've already heard about the book, but I
read it yet.
9. By the end of last montb, they，
A. have built
C. built .
D. had built
.about two thousand years ago.
A. is invented
B. was invented
D. is inventing
11. It was really
task. They all looked exhausted. (tire)
12. I can't remember the
of this novel. (write)
13. He is the best
for the position. (apply)
14. They have been
with each other for many years. (friend)
15. I beg your_
of the gift. (accept)
16. He lost his_
in God. (believe)
17. Confidence is the key to .
18. You should avoid
the same mistake again and again. (make)
19. The company's
has increased this year. (product)
20. Even the employed women did not achieve full
with men. (equal)
21. The furmiture is made.
22. I bought the dictionary.
23. John is shorter than Tom,
24. The boy mixed the sugar
25. Iron can be combined with other metals_
26. The machine is protected
27. The twin girls never separate.
28. Who is that girl
_a red dress?
29. What's your atitude
30. It's a good medicine,
31. have in mind
32. depend on
33. be aware of
34. compensate for
35. keep pace with
41. The most obvious purpose of advertising is to inform the consumer of available products
or services. The second purpose is to sell the product. The second purpose might be more
important to the manufacturers than the first. The maoufacturers go beyond only tlling
consumers about their products. They also try to persuade customers to buy the product
by creating a desire for it. Because of advertisement, consumers think that they want
something that they do not need. Afer buying something, the purchaser cannot always
explain why it was bought.
42. The Chinese were the first people to make silk clothing, and, for more than 2000 years,
they were the only people in the world who knew bow to make silk. The Chinese
guarded the sccret of their silk manufacture carefully.